Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Saturday 13 October 2018

Android Wifi Connected But No Internet [Solved]

This was a strange one, I was using the internet fine last night. I didn't change any settings and yet this morning my phone informed me there was no internet!

 

Time to look into this! The morning challenge begins!

The first thing I checked was my router. I logged into it on it's internal IP address (Usually http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.254) to see what it said about my connection. According to my router I HAD an internet connection so I should be able to Google a few pages. As you can see some pages worked and some pages didn't but it gave me the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG clue, so I Googled that..


   

Obviously it's a hit or miss scenario, some pages work some don't but after reading the
Reddit post I presumed that I needed to amend my DNS Server on my router. At least it is worth a try I thought.

So logged back into my router and changed the primary and secondary DNS servers away from my ISP's suggested servers to the Google ones as per the Reddit suggestion. Rebooted the router and we're all good again now. Additional instructions on how to change your DNS server setting in your router can be read here.

In terms of possible reasons for this occurring, the only thing that I can think of is we had a bad storm yesterday and maybe my ISP's DNS servers are down or have an issue with them?

Other DNS servers are available and you can read about them here. There is seemingly even a performance increase and you can read about that here.

Hopefully this work around will be useful for others if they have the same DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error message in the future, assuming that is they can find a device that'll actually connect to the internet to read my blog post!

:-D




No comments:

Post a Comment