Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Friday 29 September 2017

Slow LAN Speeds (Solved)

Yesterday I needed to move a fair wedge (250GB) of files from my hard drive to my network storage server.. Here's a screenshot of the transfer speed I was getting..


As you can see, it's a pitiful 67.5KB/sec! My computer is hard wired to my router (Draytek Vigor2910VG) and my NAS (IOmega IX4-200d) is also hard wired to the router.

Something needed to be addressed here, but I didn't have the time so I just plugged in USB 802.11n network adapter hoping for an improvement.

Currently I have no internet in the house as I'm awaiting fiber installation.

Here's the transfer speed of my USB network adapter (which was an improvement)


I couldn't understand this, so I checked my network adapter settings..


Nothing obvious there.. I had a little more time this morning to try to get to the bottom of the problem, so I restarted the computer into Safe Mode to see the transfer speed, removed the USB network adapter and went back to my hard wired connection..


Full speed obtained, therefore something was running in Normal mode and limiting my speed. One by one I ran MSCONFIG and disabled an item, rebooted and retested.

Eventually I found the culprit.. Devolo's Cockpit software for checking dLAN adaptors. I disabled that and it's now all working properly again!


No comments:

Post a Comment