Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Friday 11 December 2020

Graphics Cards Stock Levels

It's the 11th of December 2020.. Covid-19 has disrupted the world and in addition to that, there is a huge demand for PC components. Insufficient manufacturing (verses demand ratio) and poor distribution levels of the latest models of graphics cards from both of the graphics card giants. It's only made the situation worse. Then add in the extra Christmas demands too and you're probably seeing hardly ANY stock levels.

So that got me thinking about the second hand market. Of course you'll need to navigate a little more carefully, avoid the scalpers and bear in mind that you'll probably have no warranty. However if your willing to take that plunge (or at least entertain the idea) then you may find this post useful.

I've just been going through Passmark's high end video card benchmark site. I've collated them into an Excel spreadsheet (removing the mobile CPUs as laptops aren't applicable for this comparison). Then I painstakingly when through eBay (.co.uk) and attempted to get three of the cheapest (B)uy (I)t (N)ow - BIN prices for each graphics card and working out an average price for each card.

After all, these cards are available to buy today (secondhand). Once I had found out the average price per card I then divided the price by each cards benchmark performance score. This gave me a price/performance ratio (lower is better) that basically highlights some alternatives that you may not of already thought to consider.



If you want to download my spreadsheet file you can do so HERE. I hope it's as useful and insightful to you as it was for me. Thanks for reading my post, all the best for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment